Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Around the Yard

This past weekend was pretty busy with Banana's 2nd birthday and my son's Pinewood Derby races for the Cub Scouts.  We did find some time to take a quick tour of the yard, though.


Iris


I guess you would consider this the 'before' picture.


Salvia


Ice Plant of some sort


Bouganvilla.  I have nothing but problems with this one.  It's on its last legs this time of year when, I think, it should be going full bloom.  This is when it goes dormant.  Odd.


Arborvitae.


For the life of me, I don't remember what these are.  I'll have to wait for my wife to get home.  She's the memory.

That's a quick tour of the weekend.  Nothing planned for this upcoming weekend, except to get a lot of work done.  Here's a quick shot of the Pinewood Derby cars to leave you with.




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! I always love this time of year.

    P.S. I'm bad with plant names as well. :) I need to get myself a guide of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a way of categorising flowers: yellow ones, blue ones, whites ones, etc..

    It works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas, I'm ok with the one's I buy, as I have some sort of system of keeping track. As soon as I figure out what it is, I'll be ok. It's the plants I inherited with the yard. No clue.

    IG, I would also prefer to add one subcategory to each...dead ones...not dead ones. Although, dead one's may just move to the brown category, I guess.

    ReplyDelete