Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Gone Fishin'


Sunday morning, me and the boy went fishing.  I haven't been fishing in at least 30 years.  My son has the outdoors bug, and I'm trying to urge that bug to continue to grow.  So, off we went.


Look at that cast!  Unfortunately, that was about the only thing to look at.  We caught exactly squat.  Which is American for zip, zero and nada.  Not even a nibble!


The boy did re-teach me quite a few things, as he's gone fishing with his grandfather a couple of times.  He taught me, once again, the fisherman's knot seen above to attach hook to line.  Unfortunately, most of my time was spent dealing with this!


After the THIRD time of this happening, I threw in the towel and shared my son's rod.  Of course, with his I have absolutely no trouble.  I guess that's what I get from buying the cheapest set up Turner's Outdoors had.  The rod itself is nice, so it looks like a new reel is in order.

It was unfortunate that we came up blank, as I was really looking forward to smoking some trout.  And, no, not that kind of smoking.

1 comment:

  1. I love fishing. Chuck and I haven't gotten our licenses renewed in awhile though.

    The only thing I hate about fishing, is actually touching the fish while they're wriggling on the hook. I have to get Chuckles to get them off the hook for me.

    I know, I such a girl. Sue me.

    ReplyDelete