As I said, it was many moons ago that I did this so hell if I remember what was where and why. I couldn't have forgotten to hook the line in before covering it with, well, everything. Could I? (My wife would say, "yes".) I found the line from water bubbling through the ground and dug it up. Hole where a shovel pierced it. Maybe that's the problem. Fixed the line and another geyser coming out of the ground a few feet on. I dug that up. I found this:
Aha! Now I remember. This is where I hooked into the existing line. The pipe going out the top leads into the garden. I hooked into the line to the right. Unfortunately, that's the outgoing! The incoming is the one on the left. Hells bells.
Easily fixed. Now, I have water gushing from the spots it's supposed to. Now to do the rest. It has been so ungodly hot, though, and this took hours to figure out, that the rest will be done later. I hate living in the desert.