Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lighting: Thank God, I Can See Now While Doing Dishes

Above our sink used to be a canister light shining over the sink.  Then, we put in a tin ceiling and I covered that up.  Don't worry, Mike Holmes, I removed the wiring from the canister before covering it.  We then put in kitchen cabinets and ran a shelf between two bump outs.  So, I, being the wise one I am, decided to put a puck light in the shelf above the sink in order to replace the canister that had been there.  One problem.  Try finding a single puck light that you can hard wire.  Nope.  And, I wasn't about to spend $80 on a group, so I could use one light.  I did the next best thing, I bought a puck light that has a plug, cut the plug off, and hard wired it.  It lasted 17 seconds.  So, instead I got this:


It's from a big box store...ok, it was Lowe's, maybe they'll give me an endorsement deal.  It shines a good deal of light and is nice to use as an accent light to keep the kitchen illuminated rather than the five remaining canister lights.  I'm guessing one is cheaper to run then five.  Here is what it looks like.


And, before you start mocking me about the title that I don't do dishes, I do.  Except for that one in the sink in the picture above.  Christ, I'm really not good at this picture taking blogging thing.

4 comments:

  1. I like the light and the window box. I also really like the ceiling. We did the tin ceiling look in our upstairs bathroom. Don't know if we'll do that in the future kitchen remodel yet or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks kinda phallic to me!

    Just kidding. I don't do "electric".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right ADG. Maybe I should have pointed it the other direction...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you managed to make it right. Nice job, Mike would be proud ;)

    ReplyDelete