Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Style: Cigar Carrier

I love this.  My sister got it for me several Christmas's back.  While I don't use it all the time, I thoroughly enjoy it when I do.


I'm not much of a knick-knack kind of guy.  I'm sure most men aren't.  Note I said "most" not "all".  I like to have nice things, but I also like those things to be functional.  This is one of those.


Oy, that's a little fuzzy, but it's late, so no redo.  Especially since this was going to be a killer suit post, but I spent half the evening trying to photograph my killer suit only to realize I really need to wear it.  I'm not there, yet.

The carrier holds three cigars.  A churchill is the largest size I can get in there while still being able to get it out in one piece.  However, I'm a churchill man, so it works out well.  It also comes with a cutter and a lighter, so no fumbling for the required tools at the critical moment.

It's only drawback is its size.  It doesn't fit into an interior coat pocket.  That means I have to carry it, leave it in the car or, worse, put it in my wife's purse.  Yes, that hurt to type.  It does fit nicely into the pocket of my trench coat, though.  Unfortunately, wearing the trench usually means it's raining and that does not mix well with cigar smoking.  I think I'll need to bring this to my tailor and see what he can do.

Anyway, I highly recommend getting yourself something nice that you'll use regularly (or semi-regularly).  It will bring a little smile to your face.  Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment